Desktop / Laptop version
APO Encryption is designed to work with all major operating systems.
Select your operating system and download your free copy of APO Encryption.
This APO download has all the features without any restrictions.
This is a maintenance release of APO. The following items were fixed and/or added:
v2.7.36 – 2021/03/30
- Added the ability to display a website’s icon in the Websites category so you may better recognize each entry at a glance. Click on the Display menu and select ‘Show Website Icons’ to enable this feature.
- You can now make each row in the table a bit larger. See the ‘Make rows taller’ setting in the Visuals tab of the Settings screen (Preferences screen for Mac users).
v2.7.34 – 2021/03/12
- Added the ability to browse and manage the files in your Dropbox account(s).
v2.7.32 – 2021/01/29
- Fixed a bug preventing file decryption from working.
- Open Password File main menu entry now uses a sub-menu. This will only be useful to those of you with multiple password files.
- macOS version has a ‘Finder Integration’ feature. You can enable it in the General tab of the Preferences screen.
- Added a ‘Tips & Tricks’ entry to the Help menu.
- Added an auto-type keyboard hotkey feature. See the ‘Tips & Tricks’ entry for details on how to use it.
- Password generator screen now allows you to generate a pass-phrase.
- When searching for an entry, you may now opt to search all your password files.
- Auto-type now enabled in the Linux build.
- Send ether transaction screen now displays the transaction hash.
- Fixed bug when editing an Ethereum cryptocurrency entry.
- Pinned items can now be displayed with a bold font.
- Updated Linux build to match Windows/macOS builds.
- Enhanced the Ethereum offline transaction feature to use CloudFlare’s Ethereum gateway.
- Added ‘copy to clipboard’ button to the generate password screen.
- Added “Copy 2-step code to Clipboard” popup menu entry for website entries with a linked 2FA code.
- Auto-shutdown app timeout was not working consistently on Windows.
- Enhanced the search form to show if an entry is in a group.
- Added setting allowing user to display the categories toolbar on the left side.
- Added setting allowing user to hide the categories toolbar captions.
- Added setting allowing user to specify which categories to display.
- Added a ‘Sync with Google Drive’ button to the bottom toolbar.
- Added support for Windows Hello login using facial recognition.
- Added setting for prompting the user to periodically back up their password file.
- For items with an expiry date, allow user to set a per-item notification time, rather than one global value in settings.
- Added ‘birth date’ to the Contact entry screen.
- User name field now masked out on the login screen.
- Added ‘display credentials’ checkbox to the login screen.
- Changed the password generator screen to show entropy and ‘days to crack’ stats for the generated password.
- Changed the create/update master key screens to show entropy and ‘days to crack’ stats for the entered username and password.
- Fix local backup failing if the backup file already exists.
- When decrypting files, prompt the user to overwrite any existing files.
- Fix “APO could not be authorized to access your Google Drive” error message sometimes being displayed when authorization was indeed successfull.
- Only allow the application to auto-close if it is idle and at the main screen.
- Fix ‘check for updates’ not working.
- Fix Windows biometric API issue on Windows 7/8/8.1 preventing APO from starting after the initial install.
- Fixed file permission issue on macOS preventing Ether transactions from being generated.
- Added ability to export the Ether offline raw transaction to a JSON file.
- Added ability to show the Ether offline signed transaction as a QR code.
- Added 45 and 60 to the expiry days option in settings.
- Fixed issue during initial APO run on a clean install that prevented doing a restore from a local file.
- Added ‘check for update’ functionality.
- Provide a better looking “success” webpage when Google Drive authorization is successfull.
- Hide cryptocurrency private keys like we do passwords.
- Windows SHA256 checksum:
- macOS SHA256 checksum:
- Linux SHA256 checksum: